Monday, April 8, 2013

Get a Lenovo 13.3-inch touch-screen ultrabook for $599.99



The Lenovo IdeaPad U310 may look like a MacBook Pro, but it definitely isn't priced like one.


(Credit: Newegg)

My hunt for a new laptop continues. I definitely want an ultrabook, even if it means paying a premium for a thinner, lighter design, but I'd really like to keep the price under $600. Given that most ultrabooks start at $700, I'm having to marshal all my cheapskate powers.


The latest candidate: Newegg has the Lenovo IdeaPad U310 13.3-inch touch-screen ultrabook (model 59365302) for $599.99 shipped, along with a $50 Newegg gift card.


Staples is also selling the U310 for $599.99 shipped, but you'll probably be on the hook for sales tax. Plus, no gift card. On the other hand, you may be able to find the system in stock at your local store, meaning you can actually lay eyes and hands on it before buying -- always a smart move.


I may just zip over so I can do exactly that. The U310 sounds pretty sweet on paper, but in photos it looks a little boxy, a little MacBook Pro. To me, half the appeal of an ultrabook is its razor-thin, wedge-shaped form factor, which is not in evidence here.


At le... [Read more]




No comments:

Post a Comment