Monday, April 8, 2013

How to edit an e-mail signature on BlackBerry 10


(Credit: Jason Cipriani/CNET)

One of the first things I do after setting up a new device is to change the default e-mail signature. The default signature on new devices is usually a free advertisement for your carrier, device manufacturer, or both.


The default signature on a BlackBerry 10 device is "Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone."


See what I mean? Free advertising.


Shortly after setting up my Z10 I sought out to change the e-mail signature. I looked in the Accounts section of the Settings app to no avail. I dug through other sections in the Settings app, even went into some advanced settings screens, and still came up empty. Then I stumbled upon the signature setting in the BlackBerry Hub. Here's what you'll need to do to change your e-mail signature.


(Credit: Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET)

  • View your Hub, tap on the menu icon and then tap on Settings.

  • Select "Email Accounts."


(Credit: Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET)

  • Tap on the account for which you'd like to change the signature.


(Credit: Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET)

  • Erase the default signature and replace it with a more personable signature, or disable... [Read more]


No comments:

Post a Comment