Square, the mobile-payments startup that has made a big splash around the U.S., is looking to go overseas.
The company's chief executive, Jack Dorsey, told reporters at the Allen & Co. media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho yesterday that Square is "going outside the U.S. soon." According to Bloomberg, which was first to report on the news, Dorsey didn't say where his company would be expanding. He also wouldn't say when it would happen.
- VC Fred Wilson: 'Mobile does not reward feature richness'
- Google next up against Microsoft Surface
- Square launches loyalty rewards program
- Why I had it all wrong about Boston's high-tech scene
- Intuit revs up GoPayment, a rival to Square
Even without help from international efforts, Square has been growing quite rapidly and announced in March tha... [Read more]