Friday, July 13, 2012

Stop Google Talk from saving chat logs




(Credit: Google)


Related stories



If you're looking for one less thing to clutter up your Gmail space, GTalk can be one of your bigger offenders if you're using it to communicate often with friends or colleagues. Just taking a look at my own personal Gmail account, I'm kind of shocked how many threads there are for conversations I've had in the past year. On my work account I like to keep logs in case I need to reference instructions, facts, or quotes from people I've talked to. However, on my personal account I don't need to keep track of everyday chitchat.


That being said, I've decided to stop keeping the logs for my personal account completely, and here's how you can do it too:


Note: These steps will not prevent others from recording your conversations, that is only possible by "Going off the record" in each conversation.


For GTalk via Gmail on the Web:


(Credit: Screenshot... [Read more]




No comments:

Post a Comment