Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Turn a Nexus 7 into a Kindle Fire




Turn your Nexus 7 into a Kindle Fire


I know what you're thinking. Why on earth would you want to turn Google's quad-core, Android 4.1 supertablet into an Amazon Kindle Fire?


Well, you're right. But don't worry, I'm not here to neuter your Nexus 7. I'm here to show you how to get (nearly) all of Amazon's great Android offerings on the Nexus.


In Android 4.1, Google finally shows off the full breadth of its ecosystem of media services, right out of the box. Boot it up, and you'll see Google Books, Google Music, Google Video, and the Google Play app store, gazing right back at you. Unfortunately for me, I never use half of those services. When it comes to books, music, and movies, I'm an Amazon guy. In fact, thanks to a few months with the Kindle Fire, I've also racked up a dozen or so Android app downloads from Amazon.


Hands-on with the Nexus 7 (pictures)


1-2 of 17 Scroll Left Scroll Right



No comments:

Post a Comment