Thursday, October 11, 2012

Woz: Apple got arrogant


He pleads for a bigger iPhone 5.


(Credit: James Martin/CNET )

Please read the following while not clutching sharp objects, delicate stuffed toys or your iPhone 5.


For Steve Wozniak, he who co-founded Apple, has declared that the company has been -- well, how can I put this? Yes, OK. "Arrogant."


I am grateful to Business Insider, which spotted that Woz had given an interview with South African tech site TechCentral.


As usual, Woz oozed sincerity, especially when it comes to iPhone 5.


"Part of me wishes Apple had not been so, kind of, arrogant and feeling like 'we're the only one with the right clue.' I wish they had made wider versions -- a small and a large version of the iPhone," he said.


Yes, he did say arrogant. And I don't I feel he said it because he has unusually large hands.


Indeed, he explained: "I think Apple tricked itself by saying 'Oh, you can reach everything with one thumb.' And I don't see anybody having trouble using the larger screens (...) But Apple said that as a defensive move because everyone else had larger screens."


Warming to his thesis, he said: "Not all people want the same thing. A lot of peopl... [Read more]




No comments:

Post a Comment