Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Poll: Have you traded your laptop for a tablet?




CNET editor Scott Stein uses the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.


(Credit: Sarah Tew/CNET)

For many years, the laptop served as the de facto anchor for techies on the go. Then the tablet came along.


These days, it's possible to use a tablet as the main portable squeeze, since it (usually) delivers incredible battery life and apps that can do just about anything (within reason). In a column today, CNET's Marguerite Reardon addresses the question, "Could I really ditch my laptop for an iPad?" And that got us thinking more about the subject.


Does the ever-increasing functionality of the tablet make you second-guess bringing a laptop along? It did for me at one of the most important tech events of the year.


When visiting Consumer Electronics Show in January, I declined to bring a laptop and instead just brought my iPad. I figured the move would probably blow up in my face at some point, but surprisingly, everything went well. It also meant a lighter load when walking miles on the show floor.


The supporting cast included a 32GB iPad 2, Logitech Bluetooth iPad keyboard case, and the ... [Read more]




No comments:

Post a Comment